Konigstigers and the Paasche Talon Airbrush

This is my first real attempt at airbrushing my models.  That is to say with the exception of an F4 Phantom that I airbrused when I was about fifteen and a couple of evenings mucking around with Martin’s airbrush, this is my first attempt.  So not really my first attempt at all then.

Anyway having recieved the Paasche Talon Airbrush set (http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/patastsetg1.html) for which a good review for the Talon itself can be found here http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=3675 this was my first crack at using it apart from spraying a bit of paint and water on a piece of card.  So naturally I chose two of my most expensive flames of war models to start with.  To be fair these have been sitting around for a while because I wanted to airbrush the camo scheme on them rather than attempt to paint it on with a real brush, so they were in part why I got the airbrush.  Still I probably should have practiced a little more.

Base coating the dunkelgelb was fantastic.  So much so I’ve since basecoated some warhammer stuff.  So much faster than using a brush and a better finish.  I notice base coating stuff gives me the opportunity to practice with the brush a little controlling the flow of paint etc.  After the yellow I painted on the green and brown.  I’ m pretty happy with it.  There are a couple of areas where I’ve got a bit of water spray (which wasn’t moisture I just had quite thin paint and allowed it to dump a bit much of it on the model in one spot, it’s this bit I need to get better at most of all).

Not totally sure where to go from here, whether I try to fix up the couple of splatters with more yellow with the airbrush or some careful paint brush work, inks and drybrushing.  At any rate I’m reasonably happy with how they turned out and with the airbrush too.